Transcriptionist or administrative professional who establishes and maintains patient data and transcribes dictation by physicians in order to document patient biopsy results.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Complete case paperwork on patients, i.e., demographics, billing information, physicians of record.
- Accession cases into pathology software.
- Provide information relating to the medical files to physician.
- Prepare medical report/legal document using pathology software and apply knowledge of medical terminology. Employ listening skills to decipher digital dictation files.
- Edit documents by recognizing discrepancies and inaccuracies in dictation.
- Edit, revise, and clarify without altering meaning and style.
- Correct spelling and medical terminology errors by using dictionary, spell check, and/or medical references.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and protect operations by keeping information confidential according to the privacy rules established by the federal government (HIPAA).
- Determine format and content by following written or dictated instructions.
- Store completed documents/files per office procedure.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
One year related technical/medical transcription school or equivalent related experience in an administrative position preferredEXPERIENCE:
Two years related office experience or equivalent education and experience preferredCOMPUTER SKILLS:
Strong Computer skills required; Proficient in MS Office and Excel
We provide equal opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability, in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the and .